**FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE**
March 17, 2021
Contact: Yuridia Peña, [email protected], (718) 790-0837
SHAUN DONOVAN ESTABLISHES HIMSELF AS THE MAN WITH THE PLAN BY PUBLISHING THE 200+ PAGE ‘PLAN FOR THE CITY OF NEW YORK’
The Plan includes 11 extensive policy platforms, a message from Donovan to New Yorkers, and an executive summary outlining his plans to not just rebuild the city, but reimagine it as a place that works for everyone.
The Plan also includes 30 quotes from leaders, scholars and experts from across the city and country, praising Donovan’s vision and experience.
NEW YORK, NY — This morning, former Obama-Biden administration Housing Secretary and Budget Director Shaun Donovan released ‘The Plan for the City of New York,’ a 200+ page document developed over the past year in collaboration with city’s most passionate activists and community advocates, as well as the nation’s most accomplished scholars and business leaders. The over 70,000-word first edition of The Plan covers 11 policy areas (Racial Equity, Health, Climate, Jobs, Neighborhoods, Criminal Justice, Education, Housing, Transportation, Aging, and Innovation), with several others still in development.
Throughout his campaign, Donovan has highlighted that the next mayor must have strong crisis management experience, a deep understanding of government at all levels, and bold, comprehensive policies if we hope to not just rebuild our city, but reimagine it as a place that works for everyone. Through The Plan for the City of New York, Shaun Donovan demonstrates all of these qualities. The Plan follows the recently released “The Man With The Plan” tv ad which hit airwaves and digital platforms across the boroughs, building on the campaign’s momentum to reach the New York City electorate.
“We can be a beacon of progress, a shining example to cities across the globe, but this will take more than rhetoric—it’ll take real, comprehensive, concrete plans. That’s where this book comes in,” said NYC mayoral candidate Shaun Donovan in his Message to the City. “We have spent over a year partnering with some of the city’s most passionate activists and community advocates, as well as some of the nation’s most accomplished scholars and business leaders, to craft the policies you’ll read here. This is a living, evolving document, co-authored by New Yorkers just like you. It’s a promise that if elected mayor, I will lead this city out of crisis and into a much brighter future.”
Donovan’s experience, his individual platforms and The Plan in general were praised by a remarkable cross-sector list of 30 respected leaders:
- Katie Hill, Spokesperson for President Obama
- Jonathan Tisch, Co-Chairman of the Board of Loews Corporation, and Chairman and CEO of Loews Hotels and Co
- Judith Rodin, former President of the Rockefeller Foundation and President Emerita of the University of Pennsylvania
- Kathryn Wylde, CEO of the Partnership of New York City
- Chris Hughes, Co-founder of Facebook and the Economic Security Project
- Darrick Hamilton, Director of the Institute on Race and Political Economy, University Professor at the New School, and developer of the “Baby Bonds” concept
- Sonal Shah, former Director of the White House Office of Social Innovation and Civic Participation and founding Executive Director of the Beeck Center for Social Impact & Innovation at Georgetown University
- Oxiris Barbot, former Commissioner of Health of the City of New York
- Bishop Johnny Ray Youngblood
- Rev. Kevin McCall, Founder of the Crisis Action Center
- Fatoumata Waggeh, Founder of the Smiling Coast Women Empowerment Network (SCWEN)
- Mitch Landrieu, former Mayor of New Orleans
- Rev. Patricia Malcolm
- Lloyd Williams, President and CEO of The Greater Harlem Chamber of Commerce
- Mike Fishman, Climate Activist, Former SEIU Secretary-Treasurer and Campaign Chair
- John King, former NYS Education Commissioner and former U.S. Secretary of Education
- Arne Duncan, former U.S. Secretary of Education
- Alicia Perez-Katz, Educator, U.S. Dept of Education Principal Ambassador Fellow, 2015
- Stefan Lallinger, former Special Assistant to the NYC Schools Chancellor Richard Carranza
- Amy McIntosh, former Associate Vice Chancellor of Academic Strategy at CUNY
- Marc Jahr, former President of the New York City Housing Development Corporation
- Robert Ezrapour, Member of the Advisory Board of the Furman Center and Principal at Artimus Construction
- Dr. John Rowe, Julius B. Richmond Professor of Health Policy and Aging at the Columbia Mailman School of Public Health
- Dustin Jones, Disability Rights Advocate and President & Founder of United for Equal Access NY
- Gina McCarthy, former U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Administrator for President Barack Obama
- Kate Orff, Faculty Director at of the Center for Resilient Cities and Landscapes, Columbia University
- Vishaan Chakrabarti, Architect and Dean, College of Environmental Design, UC Berkeley
- Ruth Cohen, former Senior Director in education at American Museum of Natural History
- Tara McGuinness, author of Power to the Public and former Obama Senior White House Official
- Neil Kleiman, New York University Urban Policy Professor
To download your copy of The Plan for the City of New York, please visit https://shaunfornyc.com/plan/.